The HealthLinx Outcome Driven Process was implemented with a Nursing Assessment and Plan (NEAP) in April 2014. Strengths, Opportunities, and Risks were identified for Magnet® Redesignation. In April 2014, an action plan was developed for a focused effort to move forward with desired deliverables, with a document delivery date of October 2014.
In April 2014, concurrent with the NEAP assessment, the Nursing Excellence Project Management Plan (NEPM) was implemented. The six-month plan included an SOE alignment to determine the best examples to demonstrate the culture of nursing excellence, writing, content editing, copy editing, and publishing the electronic document.
- 3-Day Project Launch, 2014 Magnet® manual review and SOE Alignment April 2014
- 2-Day SOE Writers Intensive May 2014
- 2 Day SOE Writers Intensive June 2014
The document was submitted on time on October 1, 2014. The organization was notified in December 2014 that the document was accepted, and a site visit was scheduled for March 2015.
Magnet® designation was successfully achieved in June 2015.
Based on the Nursing Excellence Assessment and the very short timeline for document submission, several risks were identified that could not be resolved prior to document submission, including underperforming CAUTI scores.
- The organization was requested to provide additional documentation for eight SOEs, to be submitted 5 days prior to site visit.
- A Supplemental NEPM plan was developed to address the request.
- All documents were submitted by deadline.